Friday, April 25, 2008

No pics right now..., only words. I don't do this often, but I guess since the blog is primarily for my enjoyment and personal record keeping, here goes....
We've been in Utah now since Monday. We flew in from Colorado where we were staying at Geof.'s brother and sister-in-law's. When I woke up Monday I just knew there wasn't something right! But I just pushed to get myself and the kids out the door and to the airport (thank you Mindi's grandma!!). I was in a complete daze the whole time. I don't even know or remember how we got through the airport. Fortunately, we got on a flight, and after rearranging other's seating assignments, Dayne, June, and I were able to sit together (Cole sat behind us, between two very patient passengers).
We took of and the achy, feverish feelings came on. I couldn't believe it! Here I was with a wiggly 9 month old on my lap and a 5 yr. old behind me yapping away as I tried to keep him in quiet and polite mode. Anyway, to make a very long story somewhat less lengthy, we arrived and were met by Geof.'s good sister and later cousins. I knew it just had to be the flu, and to make matters worse, Dayne's UTI had come back and her fever was rising. I was wrong..., well at least with me. After 2 more days of high fevers and a raw, swallowing knifes kind of feeling, I went in to a local clinic here, and they diagnosed me with strep. yuck.
I'm on an antibiotic now and lucky for us, Dayne's feeling much better (I don't have insurance and Dayne's insurance wouldn't have worked in Utah). So that's the story morning glory. Cole's been behaving a lot better than he did in Colorado. I think it must have to do with the fact that we've been alone as a family quite a bit. He really likes that. I guess it calms him somehow. We'll have to figure out how we can both visit family and friends and help Cole to be happy and obedient. }:

5 comments:

Andrea said...

You're here in Utah? Are you anywhere near Sandy? I would love to see you! When and if you feel up to it, of course. We leave for Colorado next Thursday, but we're here until then. Let me know if you're not too busy.

.From Her. said...

Oh gosh. I just got over having strep... then J got sick. It was awesome. Maybe I gave it to you through the world wide web??

Mindi said...

Darla, I'm sooooo sorry you got strep! Maybe my kids were strep carriers and they caught it from my sister. How strange that only you caught it. I'm so so sorry.

julie said...

hope you feeling better soon. don't worry about cole, kids out grow stuff like that. he sounds like a perfectly normal boy. cody was like that too. love you!

ANGELA said...

Are you still here in Utah? We want to see you guys! I hope you are feeling better.