Monday, March 9, 2009

what you are to me

Geof. and Cole are home. They went to Utah for the weekend with Geof.'s parents for a wedding. A long, LONG drive (as it turned out to be) and my whiny girls did not go well with me. So I opted to stay home. I missed my boys, VERY much. More than I thought I would. Someone recently commented on how Geof. and I are so high strung and what a wonder it is that we don't drive each other crazy. I've thought about this, and yes.., it's true, we both are hyper and have that nervous energy about us.., but we also find a lot of comfort in one another and balance each other out so well. I've always said this, but from the moment I met Geof., he calmed me. He was "home" to me. Whenever he walks in the door, I feel so good and know I'm whole again.
I heard this song on the radio today and it made me think of you, Geof. You ARE my shelter in the storm.

5 comments:

Emily said...

YOU are a sweet wife, I can feel the love in this post!

Liz said...

I love you guys! You really are great together.

Rhett & Janice Beecher said...

Hey it was fun to see Adam Mindy and the kids we were hoping to see your hubby and Cole too, but I guess they went back home before the Beecher Sunday Dinner. Hope all is well Jan

julie said...

hi darla, we will definitley have a place for her to stay & my parents have tons of extra room and beds. email me her number and i'll giver her a call. :)

Brooke said...

Love that pic, that song, that post