Tuesday, December 22, 2009

today.


We just got home from overpriced, underflavored Chinese food. Such a disappointment!! It's rare that we feel okay after spending close to 30 bucks on a meal. Oh well. Happy birthday from Geof. (; Now Geof. is reading, "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" to the kids and they'll be sleeping under the Christmas tree afterward. Thank goodness for Geof.; he does those things that I'm too lazy to do or just not willing. Tonight the youth choir that I've been directing performed at the Zoo's "Miracle of Christmas" pageant. It went well. It wasn't that big of a deal, really. I made a much bigger deal of it than I should of. I practically had a heart attack when I arrived and couldn't find our accompaniment CD ANYWHERE!! And we had listened to it on the way there! I was a nervous wreck. I finally found the CD in one of the music notebooks. ?? The kids did fine but of course were there for the social aspect more than to entertain. I couldn't even find a handful of them before we went on stage to perform and they finally trickled in during the 1st song (that's what Geof. said. I didn't even notice). Oh well. Half of the audience was up taking pics with the live animals from the Nativity.

Oh, and I'm 31. yuck.

June's nose kept bleeding all night. Hence the bloody smear on her face.














5 comments:

Heidi Crosby said...

Happy Birthday, Darla! I didn't know before! Sorry...I should have watched the kids while you went out. I hope it was a good one.

Emily said...

geof.'s face is priceless! poor june, owen's got a morbid fascination with bloody noses now that he sees kids occasionally get them at recess playing soccer, so I'm sure he would have liked to see that! and of course, Happy Birthday (again), sorry the food was lame-o, we get that often here in Fairbanks, such a waste!

jerusharen said...

Amaura was in The Best Christmas Pageant Ever this year at the Valley Center Playhouse. I saw it four times and was such a proud MaMa. I know what you mean about being too lazy to do it all. I love holiday traditions but each year I choose a few to do, I can't handle them all without loosing the spirit of Christmas. Congrats on joining the thirty-onederful club! We're in it together.

Rocia said...

happy belated darla! wish i could be with you on your special day. love you.

melissa said...

Happy Birthday! Glad to hear the performance went well!