Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Nothing new to report. Today was freeeezing! So weird for up here. I couldn't believe it. We tried to go out tonight to deliver cookies with Geof.'s sister and her fam and his parents, and walked back to our car after a minute or so of being outside. And to think I actually lived in Alaska and didn't bother to wear a coat half the time. Brr...Geof. said he talked to a fellow pilot who lives in Richmond today who told him it was 72 degrees. Wouldn't that be nice? I've always had a hard time with winter. I'm not a huge Christmas fanatic (although I do appreciate the spirit that comes this time of year), and I don't really enjoy playing in the snow. Just to get our kids out tonight took a good 20 minutes, and it never lasts very long..the whole "being outside" thing. It's times like this that I think how much I'll miss those flight benefits if Geof. really does choose to end his aviation career. Mexico sounds soo nice right now. (:
Anyway, last night I was fortunate to sing in a production of the Messiah that our stake put on. It was wonderful. Very moving. We've been practicing every Sat. since Oct., I believe, but actually presenting it was a different experience. It was so nice to share His story through music. My mother in law sang a beautiful solo as well, and I can't imagine how that would feel to sing with a full orchestra. Lovely.
...what else? Cole's been fighting like crazy with all his cousins (namely his other 6 yr. old cousin Sierra) and we're about up to HERE with him....if you know what I mean. My kids are so high strung and needy, I have to constantly find ways to serve them one on one. Tiring, but worth it when it pays off.
I'm too tired to write more but I will mention how nice it's been to have Geof. home for a little bit. We've had 2 very good evenings together and I've felt so much closer to him. What a blessing to feel connected to your spouse. Love it.

5 comments:

J9 said...

So, are you ever coming back? You can be jealous of our warmth and I will be jealous of your snow!

Jessica said...

Darla, I feel your pain on all levels! My heart goes out to you and your family. Wish we were closer, I know we would be great friends! :)

Laura said...

Darla, it's true you are so lucky! I'm so happy we've been able to reconnect so I can see your joy.

andyandmeg@gmail.com said...

Where do you live? last time I talked to you you lived in Virginia, but are you in Washington or Oregon now? If you moved you have a Christmas card going to your address in Virginia:) Merry Christmas!!

Steve and Katie Hoffman said...

do you think we will ever talk again? i miss you and want to catch up!! email me your phone number...
skhoff@gmail.com
te quiero mucho!!!!