Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July, D.C., part I


Here's some pics. Don't even have time right now to post these..so not much description. Stayed up in D.C. this past weekend. Loved it! My cousin Ivy's neighbor let us stay in her apt. while she and her fam were outta town. Lucky for us! On Friday we went to Great Falls National Park (I think that's the name) which is beautiful-Geof. and I were jealous of the kayakers on the river. The next day (the 4th) we took the Metro into the city and started the morning out watching the 4th of July parade. The kids were in HEAVEN!




Daphne's 4th attire.



The beautiful Potomac River!




Geof. was a bit jealous of the mtn. bikers and kayakers playing around the park on Friday. Soon Geof., soon..



























This is the house where I lived for a short year when my family moved out to northern VA (Springville..., or was it Springfield?) when I was 5. The house is still as beautiful as I remembered, but a bit smaller. Isn't that how it always is?











2 comments:

Gina said...

It looks like you have been up to a lot! Does Geoff own a mountain bike?

Hurliman Family Blog said...

What a place to be on the 4th of July!!! Looks like you had fun! Love the pictures.