Friday, August 6, 2010

Carmel

Our last leg of the trip was to Geof.'s sister Brooke's home in Carmel (by the sea..just had to say it). Oh my..was it incredible. Wish we'd had more time to spend here because it was beyond words. Brooke's husband Mike is in the army so they've lived all over and we've never once been able to stay in their home. So this was such a treat. When we pulled up to their home we couldn't believe we actually KNEW someone that lived here. It was foggy and the streets were windy and narrow and the homes were all breathtaking (or at least their view was).
Sweet Brooke has it all together (or she's great at faking it). Their home has so much style yet it looks like it was put together effortlessly..It's totally cool and eclectic and I LOVE IT! There was so much LIGHT which is something I'm really missing in our home now. I really was so happy there (aren't you always happy on vacation? Especially if there's a beach nearby?). And Brooke's kids? So wonderful! Sadie's eight and recently baptized and is such a good kid! She kept all three of my kids happy and entertained. And there really wasn't any fighting or arguing, which made us adults so happy! Janie's the oldest (almost 14) and rocks. Literally. She's so spiritual and mature. I sat in Young Womens with her and Brooke and was so impressed. I WAS NOT LIKE THAT at all. Ellynn is their third child. She's 6. So sweet and also so gorgeous. She's also severely autistic, and Brooke and Mike (and their other children) do so well with her. Their home has a peace and calm to it that I envy (yes, ENVY). And Sawyer. Cute little Sawyer who's younger and taller than June and precious. Really, there's not a mean bone in that family. All very kind people. Wish we'd spent more time with Mike, but we'll just have to visit them again. Thank you for the wonderful trip to the beach, Dennis the Menace Park, yummy food and a comfortable home. We love you guys!























4 comments:

Cortney said...

It's beautiful there! What a fun trip. That slide looks fantastic, very jealous.

Emily said...

All I can say is "WOW! I can't believe they live there"! And that playroom with the windows and beams, etc. looks like something out of a magazine!

Andrea said...

I love reading your blog because it's as if I'm really hearing you say what you type. You're awesome that way. And you always have such nice things to say about people. And yes, it does look so beautiful there! I wish I got to travel like you guys - you LIVE! Maybe someday...
June looks so cute in the last picture - those cousins look like they could be siblings!

Gina said...

You have loads of memories now just from one trip. I have been thinking how much work it is to go on vacation and for the people who have company stay with them. So much work and service... and it is worth it, every bit of it! It builds such memories and relationships, and it can even be a turning point in some cases.
I adore you. Keep being you!