Thursday, June 2, 2011

house stuff

I've lost all motivation to clean my current home. My heart/mind is not here, but there-at the house we were SUPPOSED to close on this past Tues. Still waiting. Apparently, everything has gone through, we're approved on the loan and grant, now we're just waiting for the grant money to come in (first time home buyer grant). So, while waiting, I've thought about the many, many hours it'll take to paint her (are homes female?). Not too excited about painting. Excited about the finished product, though! I'm thinking grey/beige, pale yellows, and emerald green. Can't get that emeral green outta my head. Oh, and coral. Excited about coral.

I was brushing Dayne's teeth last night and thinking about how cute her smile was without those awkward adult teeth growing in (not even a loose tooth yet) and I snapped some pics just to remember...but those are on Geof.'s camera. We may or may not see them on here...ever.

Other interesting news? Hm...school's out in 2 weeks? I'm excited! We hope to make it out west for the month of August. Here's to hoping!


Here's a scripture that recently meant more to me than before..especially that "cheerfully" part: "Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed." Doctrine and Covenants 123:17
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

J9 said...

Yeah, I'm loving the green! Hope things move along quickly so you can finally settle in a create your own beautiful home!

Emily said...

I love all your color/decorating ideas and can't wait to see your house!

ivyjeanne said...

Just wrote you this nice long comment and it didn't save. I've always been a fan of green but the emerald has definitely caught my eye lately too. Your house is going to look amazing. You have such great taste. Fingers crossed it all comes together SOON so we can come and visit. ;) We're game at any time so just let me know when is a good weekend.

Gina said...

I am so excited for you to be getting into your own home. I just read this quote somewhere, and it has popped into my head for you. "Home is not a place, it is a feeling" I know you are going to make it the cutest painted thing ever. I just barely went to Nauvoo for my niece's wedding. And one day maybe we could go as far as you to see you. That would be a good idea! I wish you well. And I do for sure want to see you, if you are able to come out in august. I have always felt lucky to have had you as a friend. If I had not known you, I may possibly have been stained sad to this day.