Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day to Geof.! Check out his moment of fame here. You're gonna have to click on the video. They forgot to post the important stuff in the interview, (he was on the news when approached at a gas station about rising gas prices), like the fact that it's driven up because of speculation, there's no reason for gas to be high now, demand for fuel is low and we have high surpluses of fuel in 1st world countries, yet they're still raising the price of fuel. They said the reason the price of gas went up last year was because India was demanding a lot more fuel. That's not the case now! So, what's up?!
In other news... Happy Father's Day to my dad. (: I have the poorest memory in the world. It's actually something I'm pretty concerned about but too lazy right now to do anything about. I do remember how loving my dad was. Very affectionate. He always wanted a hug or kiss, which I most often complained about, and sadly, didn't always give in to. I'm sorry dad! Now that I'm married to a man who also appreciates affection (it's his primary way of showing love), I realize how much you needed that. I do love you and wish we were closer. You worked so hard to keep a very comfortable roof over our head and that's something else I didn't come to appreciate until now. Wow. It's not easy being a provider. Hope you have a wonderful day enjoying that beautiful state of California.
And lastly, I really appreciated our lesson in Relief Society today. I think this quote fits today's celebration of fatherhood.
“The great designs of God in relation to the salvation of the human family, are very little understood by the professedly wise and intelligent generation in which we live. Various and conflicting are the opinions of men concerning the plan of salvation, the [requirements] of the Almighty, the necessary preparations for heaven, the state and condition of departed spirits, and the happiness or misery that is consequent upon the practice of righteousness and iniquity according to their several notions of virtue and vice. …
“… While one portion of the human race is judging and condemning the other without mercy, the Great Parent of the universe looks upon the whole of the human family with a fatherly care and paternal regard; He views them as His offspring, and without any of those contracted feelings that influence the children of men, causes ‘His sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.’ [Matthew 5:45.] He holds the reins of judgment in His hands; He is a wise Lawgiver, and will judge all men, not according to the narrow, contracted notions of men, but, ‘according to the deeds done in the body whether they be good or evil,’ or whether these deeds were done in England, America, Spain, Turkey, or India. He will judge them, ‘not according to what they have not, but according to what they have’.." Teachings of Joseph Smith, Chap.35- "Redemption for the Dead"

To know that my God, my Father, judges me with a perfect love, and sees me with spiritual eyes, rather than the natural eyes of man, brings with it a calmness and assurance that I can continue in this life. I thank Him for that knowledge and blessing.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

oh wow. look at geof. the local celeb. love it. thanks for sharing.

jordan and maci said...

that quote was MY favorite part of this week's lesson too-- great minds think alike eh?:)

.From Her. said...

G is totally famous.

...and rockin' the SURF SESSIONS shirt.

So does that mean we are famous??

Hmmm...

I am in Utah. Chris is in Fullerton. He is finding us a lovely abode to dwell in, while I go to Seven Peaks every day, all day, so my kids don't welt up... Utah really sucks. Sorry. I had to say it.

Emily said...

sweet post Darla...I LOVE the picture of Geof. and Dayne together. We have good husbands, don't we?!