Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Chia

I didn't snap a pic of it..., because remember I don't have my very own camera and Geof.'s just doesn't do the job right? Anyway, my friend Erin gave me a bag White Chia Seeds a while back and they've been sitting in my fridge wondering what purpose they serve for some time. I finally decided to make the "Chia Porridge" recipe on the back when I discovered I had all the ingredients. And oh my goodness, was it YUMMY! I've been making it every morning! Once for my kids, twice now for Geof., but mostly for me. (;

Here's the recipe if you're interested:

1 T of Shiloh White Chia Seeds (or some other brand'll work, I'm sure)
5T of Shiloh Oats (again, use any oats you want)
1/2 of one banana, sliced
1/2 tsp. of cinnamon
Pinch of Sea Salt (they suggested "Shiloh" brand..can you believe it?!)
1 T of agave nectar
5 chopped "Shiloh" Walnuts
1 oz. of coconut milk (optional)

Bring one cup of water to a boil. Add all of the ingredients to the water and continue stirring for about 5 minutes (more like 3 for me) until you get a nice texture. Serve with coconut milk.

*I suggest turning it down to medium-low and cooking for 3-5 minutes until desired texture is reached. I LOVE this stuff!! And then I got an email all about how good chia seeds are for you from my sister.
Here's a link she shared: http://icreatewisdom.com/chiaseed.html short and sweet. Try 'em!

3 comments:

Jordan said...

I kept waiting for something to do with a chia pet. Alas, no plant growing clay sculptures.

ivyjeanne said...

Um, this looks amazing! We'll have to make some together this summmer.

Mindi said...

I LOVE chia seeds. Just bought more today in fact. I can't wait to try this recipe! Thanks!